Enjoy the "Up North" Experience!
Near AuSable River for canoeing, rafting, kayaking, tubing and fishing.
- Hinchman Acres - hinchman.com - (989) 826-3267
- Gott’s Landing - gottslanding.com - (989)826-3411 or (888) 226-8748
- Parmalee Trading Post - (989) 826-3543
- Thousands of acres of public land for riding your ORV, Snowmobiling, Hunting, Cross County Skiing, Horseback Riding, and Hiking. – Huron-Manistee National Forests & Michigan DNR
- Fairview Hills Golf Club - (989) 848-5810
- Cedar Valley Golf Club - (989) 848-2792
- Garland – garlandusa.com - (877) 4-Garland
- Amish Community – over 15 stores and shops, some include Granny’s Jamery, Bulk Food Store, Pioneer General Store, Oak Hill Furniture, Country Feed Store and many more.
- Michigan AuSable Valley Railroad - michiganausablevalleyrailroad.com - (989)848-2225
- AuSable River Canoe Marathon - ausablecanoemarathon.org
- Northern Michigan Relief Sale - reliefsale.org - (989) 848-5904
- Mio Mud Bogs & Drags - (989) 826-3134
- Annual Fishing Tournament on Mio Pond - oscodacountymi.com - or (800) 800-6133
- Michigan Magazine Museum & Craft Show - michiganmagazine.com - (989) 685-3078 or (989) 848-2246
- Fall Color Tour - (Mid-October)
- 2 hours from Mackinac Island
- 1 hour from Traverse City
For additional information about the Mio area you can visit the Oscoda County Chamber of Commerce - or call them at (800) 800-6133.